– In South Norwalk and Rowayton, allowed 1 square foot of wall signage for every 1 foot of linear frontage of the space the tenant occupies.
– Wall St and East Ave have their own unique requirements
– All other commercial districts; 1.5 square feet of wall signage for every 1 linear foot of frontage.
– No signs allowed in residential districts
– All ground signs require site review and signoff by the Conservation Department. (Class A survey may be required to justify setback)
– Norwalk sign license and posting a bond is required. Permits will NOT be issued without it.
125 East Avenue
P&Z Hours; Monday – Friday 8AM – 11AM
Building Department; By appointment only
1. Three original copies of the proposed signage approved by landlord.
2. Get copy of the plot plan for the facility (or class A survey for ground signs).
3. If in zip code 06854, need review/approval of Sono Redevelopment Agency
4. Town Hall, Planning & Zoning review, 2nd floor. $160 fee per sign + $60 state fee.
5. Town Hall, Tax Assessor’s office.
6. Town Hall, need certification from Tax Collector that landlord is current.
7. Town Hall, set appointment with Code Enforcement, 1st floor.
8. Fill out sign permit for building dept application (yellow form)
9. Town Hall, Bill Ireland, final review/approval. Fee is $180 per K ($80 minimum). (ground signs taller than 120″ may require engineering certification for 80 mph wind load.
10. Sign can be installed ordered/installed.
11. Town notified. They will inspect & send completed permit to tenant.
Home | Banners | Carved Signs | Large Format Digital Prints | Post & Panel Signs | Channel Letters | Dimensional Letters | Light Boxes | Monuments | Menu Boards | Office Signs | Pan Signs | Sidewalk Signs | Theme & Specialty Signs | Trade Show & Specialty Items | Vehicle Lettering & Graphics | Wayfinding & Directional Signs | ADT | Engraved Color Combinations | Permit Info
PICTURES BY INDUSTRY SECTOR
For more information:
A to Z Signs
607 Main Ave
Norwalk, CT 06851 US
Fax: (203) 840-0030