– Check zoning map first.
– No signs in residential zones
– Center city is 1:1 and requires city planner review
– other commercial zones are 2:1
Stamford Town Hall Planning and Zoning
Stamford Government Center
888 Washington Boulevard
P&Z Hours; Monday – Friday 8:00AM – 12:00PM
In order to eliminate Building Department wait times for project plan review, commencing April 17, 2017 the Building Department will provide 30 minute scheduled appointments. If additional time is needed, a follow-up appointment can be scheduled.
To qualify for an appointment,
Prior to scheduling your appointment, please upload files in pdf format (using ViewPermit – click on the “+” in the attach files section) or forward the files to the Building Department email (BuildingDept@stamfordct.gov). If you need assistance, come in to the Building Department and we can help you.
To schedule an appointment, after completing the steps above, please stop into the Building Department office on the 7th Floor of the Government Center, call us at (203) 977-4164, or request an appointment by emailing the Building Department at BuildingDept@stamfordct.gov . Please provide your permit application number, name, property address and email address when requesting an appointment.
When you arrive for your appointment, please bring the following:
Certification by an engineer or architect must be provided if required by Connecticut State Building Code and/or the Building Official. For residential additions and new construction, brace wall plans must be stamped by a Connecticut Engineer or Architect.
Plan Review appointments are not necessary for the following permit types:
For these permits, apply online, obtain departmental “signoffs”, if required, and upload (in ViewPermit) or bring the required forms listed above to the Building Department. Plans can be dropped off during normal business hours and in many instances, permits can be issued on the same day, provided that all required signoffs and forms are in order.
Cancellations: If you need to cancel your appointment you can do so on the Building Department website (http://www.stamfordct.gov/buildinginspections) or by calling our office at 203-977-4164. Cancellations must be registered in the Building Department by 1pm the day before the scheduled appointment or a charge will be assessed for the missed appointment. Please do not leave a voicemail message, you must speak with a person to cancel.
– Tenant fitup permit required by tenant as a pre-req for any permits being issued
– go to viewmypermitct and fill out application
– app must have ORIGINAL signatures for tenant and landlord
– need owners letter signed (original signatures)
– owners affidavit must be signed/notarized
– EPB Review
– Zoning permit
– Conservation Department stamp
– Building Department
1. Completed Sign Permit Form (Attached)
2. Two sets of Plans/drawings Complying with 05 CSBC 03 IBC Appendix H Section H105 drawn to ¼ inch scale “FOR BUILDING DEPARTMENT”, that reflect all changes required by other department approvals, (these are in addition to copies that other departments may require).Set must include Site plans.
a. Comply with 05 CSBC 03 IBC Appendix H Section H105.6 Drawings must show method of attachment to structure.
b. Shop Drawings of sufficient detail of cabinet/letter to show compliance with 05 CSBC 03 IBC Appendix H Section 106.1.1 for internally illuminated signs.
3. Owners Certification Form (Attached or printed as page two (2) of permit application receipt ) section 123.5 of Stamford code of ordinance form
4. Workman’s Compensation Certificate- this form must have signature(s) notarized.
5. An Accord form verifying Contractor’s Workman’s compensation policy and expiration date.
6. Affidavit Form: Pursuant to 05 CSBC-03 IRC Section R105.1.1 and the provisions of section 20-338b of the Connecticut General Statues if an application for building permit is made by a person other than the owner in fee, it shall be accompanied by an affidavit of the owner or a signed statement of the applicant.
(Attached is an Affidavit Form that will need to be submitted (Notarized) as part of the application packet.)
7. If sign is Electric: State if you are or are not installing/relocating or resetting sign ( if YES an electrical permit is REQUIRED- Please have Electrician reference your TB# in the description of work)
NOTE: If an electrical permit is required and no permit is taken out an investigation fee will be imposed
8. A Check for any additional fees that may be required after plan review.
The above documents, except drawings (these must be submitted on hard copy to scale), can be scanned and attached to an E-Mail for inclusion to the application file in View Permit if you desire.
WHEN ALL THE ABOVE DOCUMENTS AND DEPARTMENTAL APPROVALS are completed you can come into the Building Department office for Plan Review.
Plan review hours are from 8:00AM to 11:00 AM Monday thru Friday (first come first served).
You can follow your applications progress by logging into View Permit and checking its status.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
Home | Banners | Carved Signs | Large Format Digital Prints | Post & Panel Signs | Channel Letters | Dimensional Letters | Light Boxes | Monuments | Menu Boards | Office Signs | Pan Signs | Sidewalk Signs | Theme & Specialty Signs | Trade Show & Specialty Items | Vehicle Lettering & Graphics | Wayfinding & Directional Signs | ADT | Engraved Color Combinations | Permit Info
PICTURES BY INDUSTRY SECTOR
For more information:
A to Z Signs
607 Main Ave
Norwalk, CT 06851 US
Fax: (203) 840-0030